CAROLINE WATERS, JAZZ ENTERTAINER, AUTHOR, VOCAL COACH
- How To Stay Positive During Covid 19
- Finding Venus Goes Vinyl and Touring
- Overcoming Procrastination and Finding Venus
- Let's BE That Change!
- From Paralyzed to Energized
- 3 Keys to Communicating With Ease
- 3 Keys to Resolving Conflicts
- Back On the Inside
- From Workaholic to Finding Venus in West Hollywood
Caroline Waters Blog Posts
- 12,092 hits
- For CDs, videos, performance schedule and more info, please visit http://www.carolinewaters.com
- Thank you Åmåls Kommun for the opportunity to connect with a beautiful audience and sing and play and express my he… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Lørdag 11. juli kl 12:00 synger og spiller jeg i Gågatan i Åmål. Vinyl og CDer vil være tilgjengelig for salg og si… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @aoedemuse I am so honoured to be part of this🤗❤️ 1 week ago
- RT @aoedemuse: Don't miss @Vocal_Freedom Caroline Waters upcoming talk at our free 14-day online summit: "How to Thrive With Chronic Illnes… 1 week ago
- Hjertelig velkommen til konsert 1. august kl 18 i @solglantansmagiskatradgard instagram.com/p/CCL3IOtpEhQ/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: surrender the ego
I admit it. I am petrified. Frozen with fear. Emotionally locked inside a deep darkness. The big fat void of avoidance, of all things postponed, is now staring me down to the ground. I am, literally, chained to the floor of my internal torture chamber, as the poisonous venom of guilt, shame and feeling inadequate works its way through my veins.
These are powerful feelings and I allow them all. “Bring it on!” I say, as I close my eyes and prepare for death, still unable to move or even brace for the impact. And as I allow the waves of distain, of self loathing and blame, of hatred and shame to wash right through me, to the very core… As I allow this nuclear explosion, this unhinged train, this blow torch, this torrential rain, to have its way with me, I am strangely okay.
“How is it possible,” I ask, “to feel okay in the middle of my very own, personal, Armageddon?” At the moment of asking, I don’t know the answer. I don’t have to. It is what it is and I accept it as is. I’ve paid my dues. I no longer need to prove myself, not even to myself. And herein lies the answer to my quest. I no longer need to prove a thing, not even to myself. From this statement alone, another revelation is born: When we surrender the ego, all ego-related feelings, such as guilt and shame and feeling inadequate, automatically falls away.
In the ten minutes it took me to write this, I have moved from feeling completely paralyzed to feeling completely energized. This, to me, is the power of surrender, of being totally present in the moment, in the body, letting whatever emotions are there be fully felt and pass through unobstructed, without trying to deny it, fix it, explain it or change it.
Bring it on and enjoy your day!