CAROLINE WATERS, JAZZ ENTERTAINER, AUTHOR, VOCAL COACH
Caroline Waters Blog Posts
- 11,863 hits
- For CDs, videos, performance schedule and more info, please visit http://www.carolinewaters.com
- Celebrating the legacy of Harvey Milk at The Abbey after seeing a deeply touching performance of Patricia Loughrey’… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- ❤️❤️❤️ facebook.com/healingvenus/v… 4 days ago
- So grateful for this invitation, to perform a concert presentation of Finding Venus, at the Norwegian Church in San… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Super cool evening with Netflix and the Society of Composers and Lyricists and up and coming stylist visiting from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Here's a video collage from last week's Finding Venus release concert w Caroline Waters, Ruti Celli, Katisse Buckin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: surrender the ego
I admit it. I am petrified. Frozen with fear. Emotionally locked inside a deep darkness. The big fat void of avoidance, of all things postponed, is now staring me down to the ground. I am, literally, chained to the floor of my internal torture chamber, as the poisonous venom of guilt, shame and feeling inadequate works its way through my veins.
These are powerful feelings and I allow them all. “Bring it on!” I say, as I close my eyes and prepare for death, still unable to move or even brace for the impact. And as I allow the waves of distain, of self loathing and blame, of hatred and shame to wash right through me, to the very core… As I allow this nuclear explosion, this unhinged train, this blow torch, this torrential rain, to have its way with me, I am strangely okay.
“How is it possible,” I ask, “to feel okay in the middle of my very own, personal, Armageddon?” At the moment of asking, I don’t know the answer. I don’t have to. It is what it is and I accept it as is. I’ve paid my dues. I no longer need to prove myself, not even to myself. And herein lies the answer to my quest. I no longer need to prove a thing, not even to myself. From this statement alone, another revelation is born: When we surrender the ego, all ego-related feelings, such as guilt and shame and feeling inadequate, automatically falls away.
In the ten minutes it took me to write this, I have moved from feeling completely paralyzed to feeling completely energized. This, to me, is the power of surrender, of being totally present in the moment, in the body, letting whatever emotions are there be fully felt and pass through unobstructed, without trying to deny it, fix it, explain it or change it.
Bring it on and enjoy your day!