CAROLINE WATERS, JAZZ ENTERTAINER, AUTHOR, VOCAL COACH
Caroline Waters Blog Posts
- 12,623 hits
- For CDs, videos, performance schedule and more info, please visit http://www.carolinewaters.com
- Vocal Testimonial by Julia Othmer carolinewatersblog.com/2022/01/11/voc… 7 months ago
- Pressemelding m videoklipp fra turnéen i Norge og invitasjon til Julkonsert i Åmål 19. desember 🤗❤️ conta.cc/3m1PE3G 8 months ago
- Kjære venner, fans og medspillere! Her er den nyeste pressemeldingen fra Redhead Records og meg. Gleder meg til å d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- Caroline Waters LIVE conta.cc/3pjeuwD 8 months ago
- Caroline Waters has a show on 09/10/2021 at 06:30 PM @ Nolbygårds Ekobageri in Alingsås, SE reverbnation.com/q/7vfblb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 months ago
Tag Archives: frozen with fear
I admit it. I am petrified. Frozen with fear. Emotionally locked inside a deep darkness. The big fat void of avoidance, of all things postponed, is now staring me down to the ground. I am, literally, chained to the floor of my internal torture chamber, as the poisonous venom of guilt, shame and feeling inadequate works its way through my veins.
These are powerful feelings and I allow them all. “Bring it on!” I say, as I close my eyes and prepare for death, still unable to move or even brace for the impact. And as I allow the waves of distain, of self loathing and blame, of hatred and shame to wash right through me, to the very core… As I allow this nuclear explosion, this unhinged train, this blow torch, this torrential rain, to have its way with me, I am strangely okay.
“How is it possible,” I ask, “to feel okay in the middle of my very own, personal, Armageddon?” At the moment of asking, I don’t know the answer. I don’t have to. It is what it is and I accept it as is. I’ve paid my dues. I no longer need to prove myself, not even to myself. And herein lies the answer to my quest. I no longer need to prove a thing, not even to myself. From this statement alone, another revelation is born: When we surrender the ego, all ego-related feelings, such as guilt and shame and feeling inadequate, automatically falls away.
In the ten minutes it took me to write this, I have moved from feeling completely paralyzed to feeling completely energized. This, to me, is the power of surrender, of being totally present in the moment, in the body, letting whatever emotions are there be fully felt and pass through unobstructed, without trying to deny it, fix it, explain it or change it.
Bring it on and enjoy your day!